MOH GENERAL DENTIST LICENSING EXAM
MOH stands for MINISTRY OF HEALTH, which is the license required of health care professionals in order to work in the rest of the Emirates which includes Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain.
Eligibility for MOH Dental Exam?
It is mandatory to have 2 years of experience after Internship. This period will be calculated from the day you received the BDS Certificate or the License registration, whichever comes last.
How to Apply for MOH Dental Exam
1. Register in the e-services, create a user name and password (if not already done), then access the e-system
2. Fill in the required data and information, submit the assessment request through the electronic service and pay the fees
3. Upon receiving the DataFlow link, the applicant must pay the DataFlow fee, submit the initial profile approval, and define a day on which to send the DataFlow report
4. Upon receipt of the report, the prescribed examinations will be provided by Prometric and the associated fee must be paid.
5. The assessment certificate will be issued upon successfully passing all the examinations (in case of failure, the applicant may re-apply to take the exam)
Credentialing (application review): 2-4 weeks
Primary Source/Dataflow Verification (PSV): 2 months
Prometric Assessment (CBT): based on prometric assessment schedule
Exam Results : within 5 working days
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THE MOH LICENSE
1. Educational qualification as recognized in the Unified Healthcare Professional
Qualification Requirements (PQR) Manual (BDS/DMD/DDS)
2. Internship completion Certificate.
3. Official Educational transcript(s)
4. Period of practical experience corresponding to the field of specialization as per the Unified Healthcare Professional Qualification Requirements (PQR) Manual
5. Professional license corresponding to the duration of work experience
6. A certificate of good professional conduct issued by the same entity that issued the professional license
7. Valid passport (or UAE ID)
8. Citizen's family book
9. Recent passport-type photo with white background
MOH Dental Exam Pattern
Only Theory exam, which is CBT- Computer Based Test. The exam is conducted digitally at centres present in various countries. Find out your nearest center, there is atleast one center in every state of India.
The theory exam consists of 150 Multiple Choice Questions with a timer of 2 and half hours.
MOH Dental Exam Syllabus
Multiple Choice Questions 150 QNS
ENDODONTICS - 15 %
OPERATIVE - 15 %
PROSTHODONTICS - 15 %
PEDODONTICS - 15 %
PERIODONTICS - 10 %
SURGERY - 10 %
ORAL MEDICINE & RADILOGY - 7 %
ORTHODONTICS - 4 %
BASICS - 5 %
MISCELLANEOUS - 4 %
How to study
It is too hectic to go back to college days and read all the textbooks mentioned above to clear the exam. YOU REALLY DON’T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THE BOOKS MENTIONED ABOVE. That is why we are here to help.
Gulf Exams are primarily focused on clinical knowledge including accurate diagnosis and treatment planning. This means it asks questions mainly from clinical subjects only.
But we would not recommend preparing by yourself unless you know how to prepare. We guide you by specifically teaching only the topics that is important for the exams, thus narrowing the vast study material, which in turn guarantees the pass percentage with lesser hard work.
If you are looking to clear the exam in the 1st attempt itself, you will need to prepare thoroughly for 3-4 months at least.
This is how you need to prepare:
Step 1 - Brush through all the important topics subject-wise that we teach
Step 2 - Solve subject-wise MCQs under the related topics
Step 3 - Read more on it, if in need of better clarification
Step 4 - Solve Recent MCQs
Step 5 - Do Mock Exams to see if you are ready
To start preparation: Online Coaching for MOH Dental Exam
To try out a mock exam click here
Pass Percentage for MOH
Even though MOH Dental Exam does not show the results, the pass percentage is said to be 60% (Should get 90 correct answers)
The Results are displayed as : PASS or FAIL
Result & its validity
The results will be provided within 5 working days, along with something called an Eligibility Letter.
This Exam result is valid for 5 years.
The Eligibility letter issued representing the result is also equally valid for 5 years.
What if I fail the 1st attempt?
You will have to re do the credential and rebook for the 2nd attempt. A total of 3 attempts are only allowed.
Landing a job
The Eligibility letter is the document with which you can search for a job.
The 1st employer will then convert this letter into a License to hire you.
Other documents they may ask of you are:
1) Basic Life Support Certificate
2) Hepetitis B vaccination Report
3) Attestation of your BDS certificate by MEA, HRD & UAE Embassy
Conversion of Eligibility Letter into Licence
For the conversion of the eligibility letter into a license will require the following documents
Recent good standing certificate
Fees to issue the License: AED 3020 (Depending on your employer, this expense may/can be taken entirely or partly by your employer)
Delivery fees AED 20 payable cash upon delivery.